Public Agencies

Theiss UAV Solutions,  LLC is pleased to offer assistance and consultation services to help first responders, fire and rescue, and law enforcement agencies with funding their UAV needs through FEMA and other available grants, as well as other funding sources. The following information features grant programs that these agencies are eligible to apply for at the state and federal level.
Below are the steps that your agency needs to take prior to applying for grants. If your agency is not already registered, you must register for a DUNS Number and register with the Central Contractor Registry. This process may take up to two weeks to complete. This is mandatory when applying for grants at the federal level or through the state level.

  1. DUN and Bradstreet Number. To apply for grants you must have a Dun and Bradstreet Number (D&B Number).  Check with your city finance manager to determine if your agency has a D&B number. If unsure, check the Dun and Bradstreet website at or call 1-866-705-5711.
  2. If your agency is not listed in the D&B database, register with DUN and Bradstreet. You will also need to register with the Central Contractor Registry at or by calling 1-888-227-2423. Note that you are required to update your CCR information at least once per year to remain in an active status.              
  3. Once steps one and two have been completed, you may apply for grants directly from the federal government register at and
  4. For Law Enforcement Agencies, apply through the Office of Community Oriented Policing Services Grants at
  5. We recommend that you maintain your D&B Number, CCR information,, and passwords in one place so that you can easily retrieve this information when filing for a grant.